Jason,

Of the timecode formats specified in the 9037 support document, only the
Spectracom format is available in products currently manufactured. See
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/database/brief/bof/ibm.pdf. One of my
consulting clients is searching for a way to synchronize a 9037 to an
NTP server, so I proposed using an NTP device driver that would emulate
a Spectracom clock. It would be easy to do.

I have similar experience as you with PPS; we get 0-2 us. However,
experience with a secondary server synchronized to a PPS primar server
varies a lot, depending on the NIC and system. Nominal 30 us jitter, but
systematic offsets up to 1.8 ms (on Sunses).

Dave