Bill,

Who, me? Paper reviewers are supposed to anonymous. Let's just say I
agree with your assessment.

I've seen a number of papers like this; some I have reviewed. They are
written by folks with computer science backgrounds and are not well
trained in physics and engineering principles and even less in the
physical properties of real oscillators. You (and others) might not like
the NTP mitigation and discipline algorithms, but each one is based on
thorough analysis with respect to sound physics and engineering
principles as confirmed by measurement over a wide body of scenarios.