"David L. Mills" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Jan,

>A timer interrupt is required each second to update the clock frequency
>no matter what. In addition, a sweep is made through the associations to

I thought that the ntp daemon runs the per second routine only if the
kernel discipline is not available.
And Linux I thought has the kernel discipline.
Now of course I suspect that the kernel has to wake itself even more often
than once a second (eg the timer interrupt) and if it did not, the effect
on the time discipline would be pretty bad.