Kay Hayen wrote:

> thanks to all who replied. Unfortunately the moderation bit made all of my
> last replies expire and instead of reposting them, I choose to sum things up
> in a single post.

Expiration is not a moderation thing, it is something done by your
USENET service provider to manage disk space.  I think mine still has
the whole thread, and Google groups certainly will, except for any that
people have told it not to store.

The other thing that can have this effect, is that many Usenet readers,
by default, hide messages you have already read.

On the other hand, it appears that you are submitting via the mail to
new gateway.  If your ISP is expiring items in your mailbox so soon, you
need a new ISP.