On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 21:33 +0000, David Woolley wrote:
> Cal Webster wrote:
>
> > ppoll=10, flash=800 peer_loop, keyid=0, ttl=0, offset=6.071,
>
> Looks like it is objecting to to the client ultimately being its own
> server, which I guess is a reasonable thing to do.

I saw that after sending my last reply but didn't know what it meant.

How could any of the "peers" be clients of themselves? Only the master
server is using the Undisciplined Local Clock as a reference. All the
others appear to be correctly rejecting theirs and using the master
server as their reference with peers as candidates.

Could this have something to do with the Orphan mode settings?