On 2009-02-18, Unruh <unruh-s...@physics.ubc.ca> wrote:

> cnm3...@gmail.com (Christopher Mire) writes:
>
>>I have a small embedded linux machine. Moxa UC-7112 Plus that I want
>>to use as NTP server. http://www.moxa.com/product/UC-7110-LX.htm Its
>>has MOXA ART ARM9 32-bit 192 MHz processor CPU.
>
>>Here are statistics I collected after using it a bit. This is using
>>gpsd 2.33 to collect NMEA, PPS.
>
> "a bit" means what? Remember that ntpd takes 1 hour to cut the error
> by half. Thus unless you ran this for more than 10 hours, these
> offsets mean nothing.

Poppycock.

A snapshot is merely a snapshot regardless of when it is taken.

Long term performance is what's important. It may be evaluated through
the use of multiple snapshots (over a suitable period) or by summarizing
the statistics files.

--> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

--
Steve Kostecke <koste...@ntp.org>