Hi,

I am experiencing strange issues with the PARSE refclock in mode 5.
I have a simple DCF77 recevier connected to a serial port.
In general the refclock works with this setup and ntp syncs.
Since this simple DCF77 receiver is not very reliable the refclock
sometimes receives a wrong date/time. This makes ntpd very unhappy.

Am I right that this refclock driver does nearly no checking
on the received telegrams? Parity checking is not enough for DCF77.
Has anybody experience with this reference clock driver and those
simple DCF77 receivers with NTP?

Matthias