Hi,

I'm trying to replace the linux/unix system clock by a special clock
maintained on a PCI card. The clock can be set, rate adjusted, etc., so
I have the equivalent for gettimeofday(), settimeofday(), adjtime(), etc.

Unfortunately, I'm confused by the number of different abstraction
levels within the NTP package. I first started replacing the functions
in libntp/systime.c (get_systime, adj_systime, set_systime). Then I
found out, that there are direct calls to adjtime() from within ntpd.
Further I see some ntp_adjtime() calls.

Can anybody enlighten me, where would be the best place to use a
different timebase for ntpd, or do I have to go trough all the functions?

Thanks,
Patrick