Towli wrote:
[]
> I was unclear. The signal is poor, due to a lot of distortion from the
> surroundings i bellieve...
> We are <1000 km from Frankfurt so the signal itself is supposed to be
> ok (with a clear view south).
>

> /T

Distortion?  Do you perhaps mean large amounts of radio frequency
interference from all the electronic gadgets around?  If so, the answer is
to get an antenna in a quiet location, and orient it carefully to minimise
interference (even at the expense of some signal loss).  I agree with
others who have recommended a GPS system as a better choice - look for the
Garmin GPS18x LVC:

  https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=158&pID=27594

I've used the earlier GPS18 LVC successfully with both Windows and FreeBSD
systems.