Nathaniel,

While I have an expensive computer-tunable receiver and outdoor dipole,
the audio plugs into the line-in port of the comoputer. Just about any
shortwave receiver should work as well, although it might not receive
signals throughout the day and night. There is an extensive discussion
on these issues on the Audio Drivers page of the NTP documentation.

Dave

Nathaniel Homier wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I would like to know if one can use the line audio out of any old
>portable shortwave radio tuned to a time signal and fed via a line audio
>input.  This would be motherboard audio.  The primary reason is that I
>get the impression that ntp radio clocks are for sale at very high
>prices.  The most I have to spend is about $200.  I already have very
>nice Sony 7600G HF portable and that gets the time freq. from 2.5 to 15
>very well.  My computer is the new pci express and I have no serial port.
>
>Nate

  • [ntp:questions... Nathaniel Homier
    • Re: [ntp:... David Mills
    • Re: [ntp:... Unruh
      • Re: [... David J Taylor
        • R... Richard B. Gilbert
          • ... Todd Glassey CISM CIFI
        • R... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... David J Taylor
          • ... Richard B. Gilbert
            • ... Garrett Wollman
              • ... David J Taylor