John Hasler <j...@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> IMHO a standardized, automated and decentralized way of distributing
> changes to timezone files might be useful, though.  It just should
> not be part of NTP.

I'm not sure it is as automated and decentralized as you might want,
but there is a mechanism in place to update the "pci.ids" file mapping
all the vendor, product, subvendor subproduct IDs in PCI cards to
human readable text.

http://pciids.sourceforge.net/

which is I believe what the "update-pciids" command under Linux (and
perhaps other OSes) will query when run.

rick jones
There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision.  - Joubert

              • ... Richard B. Gilbert
              • ... Rob
              • ... Richard B. Gilbert
              • ... Chris Adams
              • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
              • ... John Hasler
              • ... Rich Wales
              • ... David Woolley
              • ... Unruh
        • R... John Hasler
          • ... Rick Jones
      • Re: [... Richard B. Gilbert
        • R... David Woolley
          • ... Rob
            • ... John Hasler
              • ... David Woolley
            • ... David Woolley
          • ... Richard B. Gilbert
            • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
      • Re: [... Ryan Malayter
  • Re: [ntp:quest... Jan Ceuleers