Steve Kostecke wrote:
On 2010-03-07, Terje Mathisen<"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no">  wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with Intel Atom systems as stratum-1
servers from a serial GPS/PPS source? Perhaps using FreeBSD. Is there
anything fundamental in these processors or their chipsets which
prevents full-precision performance being obtained? Any chipsets to avoid?

I haven't seen any of those tiny Atom systems (like an Asus Eee Box)
with a serial port?

Take a look at
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101262&cm_re=atom_server-_-16-101-262-_-Product

SUPERMICRO SYS-5015A-H 1U Barebone Server Intel 945GC Intel Atom 330
Dual-Core 1.6GHz processor - Retail

OK, thanks!

I hadn't looked at any rack-mount units.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>