Uwe Klein <uwe_klein_habertw...@t-online.de> wrote:
> nemo_outis wrote:
>> It is frequently the case that OPs (for a variety of reasons) misstate or
>> mispecify their problem or overconstrain its solution (either in terms of
>> what can or must be done or what can't or mustn't).  I submit that the
>> current OP is a classic case.
>
> The classic situation I've seen here on a regular basis is
> that the submittant would like to have a cohesive timing situation
> and does not care for syncronicity to the outside world.
>
> The classic answer seems to be a handwaving jedi gesture.
> You don't want that, you want "real" timekeeping.
>
> ( which imho is understandable, some here have put a significant
>    amount of their lifetime into "real" timekeeping.
>     The request thus is a distastefull abomination )

When reading "unruh"'s messages I don't get the impression he is
a professional timekeeper who has put a significant amount of lifetime
in this subject.
E.g. when I read his advise to someone at a research vessel trying
to synchronize to a professional timing device to "just hang a
garmin GPS receiver out of a porthole" I think he is just a student
with no professional experience at all.