In article <9ead1ef5-7000-445b-b7d1-ac1083874...@q8g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
 Fran <fran.ho...@jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> Do you know of any DISA IA approved COTS NTP servers ? DidnĀ¹t see any
> in the approved products lists at http://iase.disa.mil/common/index.html
>
> Or, have you configured/tested a COTS NTP server to pass STIG tests ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fran
>
> STIG: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Technical_Implementation_Guide

I don't recall that there are any STIGs for NTP timeservers, which are based on
small dedicated-mode computers running the NTP daemon under some kind of RTOS
kernel.

Most timeservers support at least DAC (username and password), but I don't know
of any that have been evaluated to a protection profile.

Which specific 8500.2 IA Controls (other than those that call out STIGs and
SRGs) are you responding to?  What is the threat?

Joe Gwinn