I've been working on a simulator that I think might be useful for NTP
developers and advanced users looking for optimal configurations.

http://fedorapeople.org/~mlichvar/clknetsim/

clknetsim is a clock and network simulator designed for testing
unmodified NTP servers and clients. The NTP applications have all
necessary system functions related to networking and clocks replaced
by LD_PRELOAD mechanism and are clients of clknetsim server which
provides access to the virtual network and clocks.

Unicast and broadcast modes are supported. Network delays and clock
frequencies are configured with Lisp-style expressions, there are
several random number generators and waveforms available. It's also
possible to use a file with pregenerated or measured values as a
source.

--
Miroslav Lichvar