"Rob" <nom...@example.com> wrote in message news:slrni5d1ia.d49.nom...@xs8.xs4all.nl...
[]
I would not recommend to use the pool, but either try to find the money
required for a local clock receiver (which I can understand could be
very difficult in a bank), or else configure a couple of fixed servers
that have announced that they are available for public use.

I agree with this and Rob's other recommendations. However, a GPS/PC receiver system need not be expensive (roof location preferred for the antenna), and I would suggest that about US $300-400 would be enough for the hardware (minimum Intel Atom fan-less PC, Garmin GPS 18x LVC puck receiver, FreeBSD). My own system is described here:

 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/FreeBSD-GPS-PPS.htm
 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/FreeBSD-GPS-PPS.htm#atom

If you have a world-wide operation, I would suggest a geographic dispersal of GPS-locked PCs, with perhaps one (ideally more) GPS-locked PCs per location. Aim for three locations (and therefore a minimum of three reference servers).

You could get away with a few servers inside your network locked to one or more GPS PCs, and have those servers serving the remaining servers and client PCs. Try to have at least one server per site, so that normally inter-site time requests are minimised.

Just some thoughts.....

How accurately does everything need to be synced?