Jaap,

Please see the Event Messages and Status Codes ant the ntpq pages in the documentation in your release.

Dave

Jaap Winius wrote:

Hi folks,

A few years ago I started graphing my NTP server's performance. The machine ran Debian lenny with ntp v4.2.4. However, after recently upgrading to squeeze, which comes with ntp v4.2.6, I noticed that two system variables included in my graphs -- noise and stability -- are no longer present: neither in the output of "ntpq -c rv", nor in its associated manual, ntpq.html, which is part of the ntp-doc package. Well, actually the noise variable wasn't mentioned in the previous version of the manual either (dated July 28, 2005), but is was present in the output from the above command.

So, can ntpq no longer be used to examine a system's noise and stability variables, or is it currently necessary to use different command?

Cheers,

Jaap