Goran Sandin wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to setup gpsd + ntpd with NanoBSD for binary mode of the GPS (a Rockwell Jupiter TU30-D140-221).

Both gpsd and ntpd are installed from FreeBSD 7.3 packages.

gpsd is version 2.90 and ntpd is version 4.2.4p5.

gpsd is up and running and xgps from another computer is receiving the data.

When I start ntpd I get these two comments in /var/log/messages:
refclock_newpeer: clock type 28 invalid
configuration of 127.127.28.0 failed

Relevant parts of /etc/ntp.conf:

server 127.127.28.0 minpoll 4 maxpoll 4
fudge  127.127.28.0 time1 0.0 refid GPS

Any ideas of what I have missed?

I'd guess you have a cut down version of ntpd.

Here on NetBSD I have 39 x ntp-4.2.6p2/ntpd/refclock_*.c
although ntpd came from the main site rather than netbsd
pkgsrc which is slightly older.

You can probably add and enable just the missing ones you
require.