On 2/9/2011 4:34 PM, Dave Täht wrote:
E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
<Null@BlackList.Anitech-Systems.invalid>  writes:

Dave Täht wrote:
Rick Jones<rick.jon...@hp.com>  writes:
24 hours worth of rawstats data (if that contains enough
  information, judging from the discussion on the list,
  it does) from a given ntp pool or pools would be revealing.

Would there be anyone here interested in collecting that
  data and poking into this issue further?

Why not do that with your own NTP clients?

I plan on it.

https://github.com/dtaht/Cosmic-Background-Bufferbloat-Detector

However whatever data set I can collect now would be dwarfed by one a
larger ntp pool could provide as a starting point, exposing problems
with the concept, show differences between versions of ntp, and hosts,
etc.

Two or three years ago someone sampled all available NTP servers and published some statistics on numbers of servers, locations, accuracy, etc, etc. Googling for "NTP Survey" should turn up some some information. I think that there have been at least two or three such surveys over the last ten years or so.