Uwe Klein <uwe_klein_habertw...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Chris Albertson wrote:
>> NTP simply is not good enough for use in a tower so it is not used.
>> And why would they use it when all towers by definition have a clear
>> view of the sky
>
> IMHO the basic concept of your system is broken when you have
> sync to such high requirements and need external infrastructure
> to achieve this.
> this then is an extremely fickle system that lacks robustness.
>
> uwe

Then every system ever made that has the concept of a master timing clock,
including TV and the computer you are working on, is "an extremely fickle
system that lacks robustness".

The concept hasn't changed over the years, just that we have progressed from
R/C oscillators to crystal oscillators to GPS.

Perhaps you think we would be better off if such systems had a master
crystal osillator somewhere with coax to every remote system to keep
them all in sync?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.