Steve Kostecke <koste...@ntp.org> wrote:
> On 2011-03-25, j...@specsol.spam.sux.com <j...@specsol.spam.sux.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Security is so that you know you are not being spoofed. Or if you are
>>> providing the time so that you can prove to your users that you are
>>> who you claim to be and are not spoofing them.
>>
>> The question was about clients authenticating to the server.
>
> NTP Authentication authenticates the server to the clients. It is not a
> client access control mechanism.

Yeah, I know, I should not have put "to" between the words "authenticating"
and "server".

It would be impossible to spoof a proper NTP setup where time is critical.

If time is critical, a proper setup would have multiple servers as well as
multiple independent, local sources like GPS and CDMA.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.