Chris & Co.,

The usual problem is overdriving the computer input.. Most IRIG devices produce a modulated signal in the range 10 V P-P, which is far larger than the line-in level. You might need an attenuator to produce in the order of 1 V P-P. As Chris says, the best way is to monitor the line out signal using the computer speaker. With a little practice, it is possible to slowly increase the input level until the speaker changes tone or becomes raspy. The bottom line is to monitor the AGC signal with that trace and bracket the input signal so the AGC reads in the middle of the range about 127.

Dave

Dave