David J Taylor <david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> "Rob" <nom...@example.com> wrote in message
> []
>>> However, Rob, the Pool Web pages suggest that better results will be
>>> obtained by leaving the country codes in:
>>>
>>>   http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/use.html
>>
>> The documentation is outdated.
>
> I would have hoped that the pool folk kept their documentation up-to-date,
> so I'll post that on their list.  You didn't mention how to control the
> number of servers uses - is it just multiple "pool" entries?

I don't know how the "pool" functionality in ntpd works, it is not
available in the version I use.

I only know that the pool has introduced a location-aware DNS some time
ago, and that the documentation is not really uptodate.  The paragraph
in question still assumes that pool.ntp.org returns random servers from
all over the world.  It no longer does that.

When I do a lookup of pool.ntp.org I get three addresses returned that
are local to me.  How many server entries that will give with ntpd
I don't know.