From: questions-bounces+edward.mischanko=arcelormittal....@lists.ntp.org
[mailto:questions-bounces+edward.mischanko=arcelormittal....@lists.ntp.o
rg] On Behalf Of unruh
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2011 1:20 PM
To: questions@lists.ntp.org
Subject: Re: [ntp:questions] Bug 1700 - Clock drifts excessively at
pollinglevels above 256.

On 2011-04-22, Mischanko, Edward T <edward.mischa...@arcelormittal.com>
wrote:
256.

My system clock drifts excessively when polling above 256 in a Windows
environment, as much as 5 ms or more.  I have made changes to
.../ntpd/ntp_loopfilter.c CLOCK_PLL, CLOCK_FLL, CLOCK_LIMIT, and
CLOCK_PGATE to address this problem.  I realize the changes I have
made
are global in nature and really only need changes in the Windows port.
I would welcome a patch to the Windows port to accomplish these
changes
or any other changes that accomplish the 1 ms stability I have now
achieved.  I hope Dr. Mills will have constructive comments on this
problem and proposed solutions.

Does your system cpu use powersaving cpu frequency changes? Is it a
virtual Windows machine?

*/