Hi

I tried to build ntp with static link to openssl. The build was fine but
openssl was not linked
and as a result crypto operations were not supported.

I'd appreciate your comment on what's wrong in the these commands and how to
fix it.

Platform: Redhat 7.2 Linux
ntp-4.2.6p3
openssl  0.9.8.n

I manually changed   LCRYPTO=-lcrypto to
LCRYPTO=/home/openssl/lib/libcrypto.a in the configure file.
------------------------------------
export LIBS=/home/openssl/lib/libcrypto.a

make clean
./configure  --with-crypto \
         --with-openssl-libdir=/home/openssl/lib  \
             --with-openssl-incdir=/home/openssl/include \
         --enable-autokey \
         --enable-static

make  LD_FLAGS=-static
make install

openssl 0.9.8.n has already been compiled and librypto.a was present in
/home/openssl/lib.

Thanks for your help.

Joe