"Edward T. Mischanko" <etm1962@....> wrote in message news:ivk80m$4uh$1...@speranza.aioe.org...
I am using GPS with PPS as my primary time source. I don't want to set my back-up network servers to minpoll 10 in the configuration because if the GPS ever fails the servers would be fixed at minpoll 10. I propose an enhancement to the current NTPD functions: Have NTPD automatically set network clocks to minpoll 10 when using a stratum 0 clock as a time refference. This would cut network traffic and server load while still allowing a minpoll 6 setting or lower in the configuration to be used if the refference clock ever fails.

I like and support that suggestion.