On 2011-09-27, Miguel Gon?alves <m...@miguelgoncalves.com> wrote:
> One had 180 ppm sand the other 46 ppm without fiddling with machdep.tsc_freq
> sysctl variable. After the correction I am getting -0.041 ppm for the first
> and -0.045 ppm for the second.
>

> Embedded machines running NanoBSD and they don't do anything else besides
> running NTP. They sit in a temperature controlled room at 20 ?C. Power
> management has been disabled. I checked the BIOS and did not see any
> reference to spectrum clocks.

Miguel:

There are a lot of links off of the leapsecond.com of home made
methods that improve clock stability.  I am using one of these PC
clock crystal replacement boards in my Intel Atom.

http://www.leapsecond.com/ptti2003/index.htm

http://www.tapr.org/~n8ur/Clock-Block_Manual.pdf

Installation is meant for someone with better than average soldering
skills.  This device replaces your motherboard clock crystal with
something that is more stable.

Tom

--
Public Keys: