Hi Dave!

2011/10/14 Dave Hart <h...@ntp.org>:
> 2011/10/14 Miguel Gonçalves <m...@miguelgoncalves.com>:
> Those snippets don't completely answer my question about using prefer
> in ntp.conf on the first machine -- it could appear on one of the
> network sources' server lines.  I'm particularly wondering if "server
> canon.inria.fr" (possibly among others) uses prefer.

Sorry... Here's the full ntp.conf file:

# PPS & NMEA
server 127.127.20.0 mode 18 prefer minpoll 4 maxpoll 4
fudge 127.127.20.0 flag1 1 flag2 0 flag3 1 time2 0.400

server ntp-p1.obspm.fr iburst
server ptbtime1.ptb.de iburst
server ntp1.oma.be iburst

server canon.inria.fr iburst
server ntp1.nl.uu.net iburst

# Statistics Configuration
statsdir        /var/log/ntp/
filegen clockstats      file clockstats type day        enable
filegen peerstats       file peerstats  type day        enable
filegen loopstats       file loopstats  type day        enable
statistics clockstats peerstats loopstats
logfile /var/log/ntp/messages

restrict default kod nomodify notrap nopeer
restrict 127.0.0.1

Oddly without any Internet servers I am getting this

tock# ntpq -c as -p

ind assID status  conf reach auth condition  last_event cnt
  1 17496  973a   yes   yes  none  pps.peer              3
     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
oGPS_NMEA(0)     .GPS.            0 l    6   16  377    0.000   -0.006   0.002

No system peer. Again this is in 4.2.6p3.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Miguel