On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 21:44, David Woolley
<david@ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> wrote:
> unruh wrote:
>
>> The problem on windows is I believe that there is no way to alter the
>> system clock rate. On linux, one can permanantly alter the rate at which
>
> Altering the software clock rate (time added to system time per tick) is the
> standard way of adjusting on Windows.  What Windows can't do is the adjtime
> mechanism, used by ntpd for the user space discipline.

ntpd's Windows port emulates adjtime's interface for the portable ntpd
code, implementing in terms of the rate-adjusting
SetSystemTimeAdjustment, possible thanks to insider knowledge of the
specifics of how the portable code uses adjtime.

Cheers,
Dave Hart