Alby VA wrote:

  When you say "crystals used to control the timing in computers",
are you referring to the parts that make up my actual FreeBSD
Server (ie: Motherboard)?  Or Parts in the GPS Device (ie: Sure Elec.
GPS)?

Motherboard.

Or in the Satellites receiving the GPS signal?

Satellites transmit GPS signals. Their primary reference is onboard atomic clocks.

 I'm just trying to gauge, what hardware should be looking to obtain
improve that frequency offset. Or is it a moot point unless I'm going
invest in some high dollar atomic clock?

There is no point. What you are interested in minimising is the first (and higher) time derivatives of the frequency offset (although remember that part of that error can be in the reference source).

 Or better yet, can I buy quality crystals from DigiKey and do some
soldering in whatever devices that need crystal upgrading?

Insulating and ovening the crystals would be more useful, although the crystals used will be cut for compromise use over a large temperature range, not precision use in an oven.