On 3/5/2012 9:45 AM, Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Ron Frazier (NTP)<timekeepingntpl...@c3energy.com>  said:
2) Motherboard header - DB-9 port adapter
Note that there are two different pinouts common for this.  IIRC they
all have the same mapping of motherboard header pin number to serial
port pin number, but one numbers the header pins in rows and the other
in columns.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! AARG! Not yet ANOTHER non standard connector. I didn't know that. Here's what the manual says my motherboard com port connector looks like. Each pin is an X:

9 X   X   X   X   X 1
      X   X   X   X 2

1 = DCD
2 = Rx
etc.

Can anyone tell me the right adapter to bring it out to the rear panel. I usually like to purchase on Amazon.

Sincerely,

Ron

Ron Frazier
timekeepingdude AT c3energy.com