From: questions-bounces+ron.hahn=fmr....@lists.ntp.org
[mailto:questions-bounces+ron.hahn=fmr....@lists.ntp.org] On Behalf Of David J
Taylor
Sent: 21 June 2012 15:52
To: questions@lists.ntp.org
Subject: Re: [ntp:questions] How to insert a leap second with ntpq

With all this discussion of leap-seconds, perhaps it's timely to mention my
simple tools for leap-second checking across servers.  You will find NTP
Leap trace here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/software/net.htm#NTPLeapTrace

At this instant, fewer than 1 in 10 of the remote servers I'm using are
indicating a pending leap second, and we are 9 days away from the event.  I
can't recall now how long before the event it should be announced by typical
NTP servers.