On 13/07/2012 10:00, Rob wrote:
[]

The pool DNS server, when you use "pool pool.ntp.org" or "server pool.ntp.org",
lookup your IP address in a location database and give you a server from
the country you are residing in.  No need to use uk. or nl. anymore, that
is only a leftover from the past.

Thanks, Rob.

I just altered the PC to use the pool without the uk., and it seems to me that the selected servers have a greater delay than those I got using uk.pool, and I got two .nl servers. I'll leave it like that for a while, as avoiding the country-specific addresses should be good for that PC, in principle.

I wish the pool command was described somewhere where Goggle found it more easily!

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

  • Re: [ntp:quest... Anonymous
    • Re: [ntp:... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
      • Re: [... Kennedy, Paul
      • Re: [... Fritz Wuehler
        • R... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... David Taylor
            • ... Rob
            • ... David Taylor
            • ... Rob
            • ... David Taylor
            • ... Ron Hahn
            • ... Steve Kostecke
            • ... Rob
            • ... Steve Kostecke
            • ... David Taylor
            • ... Roger
            • ... Rob
            • ... Steve Kostecke
            • ... Terje Mathisen
            • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists