On 14/11/2012 11:25, David Woolley wrote:
[]
Especially if the stratum one server isn't local, setting a low maxpoll
will cause the time to track propagation asymmetries in your network
connection.  You will get low offset, but relatively large time errors,
which could easily exceed the offsets.

Good point, which is why I suggested low maxpoll for the client PCs talking to a local, rather than remote, NTP server. Perhaps this didn't quite come across. I gather that the important thing for this application is that the client PCs should be as well in-sync to the /local/ NTP server as possible, not that they all are as near as possible to UTC. If syncing to the remote server is important I would reconsider.
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu