On 10/12/2012 20:17, unruh wrote:
[]
Since a Linux machine under conditions of use of the internet for time
stamps is capable of sub-millisecond synchronization, this seems really
bad to me. I thought that clock interrupt went at 1ms intervals, and one
should be able to do that well even without interpolation, and with
interpolation even better.

The latest version of Windows (Win-8) can manage within 5 milliseconds using just Internet servers:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Win-8+Internet.html

It returns a more precise clock time, but there still remains one issue which limits its performance (the quantisation of the clock adjustment - it reports it differently from the actual value, sigh!).

As you say, Linux timekeeping can do better than Windows, but this is hardly news.

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu