Hi,

I built an NTP server with a GPS and PPS as per this guide (exact hardware):

http://open.konspyre.org/blog/2012/10/18/raspberry-pi-time-server/

I got things up and running with the same result as per said guide, before
determining that my PPS wasn't wired up correctly.

I fixed that, and now I'm sure it's wired up - it's now detected in dmesg, and
ppstest indicates it's running.

As far as any NTP diagnostic I can find goes however, nothing is any different
(it feels like I have less drift, but I didn't keep graphs before), which leads
me to the question of "how do I know it's working?".

As per the guide, I run this in ntp.conf:

server 127.127.20.0 mode 17 minpoll 3 iburst true prefer
fudge 127.127.20.0 flag1 1 time2 0.496

I can definitely see, in ntpq -p, the GPS_NMEA driver being used.

I can see a related thread here:

http://ml.enneenne.com/pipermail/linuxpps/2009-February/002888.html

Specifically, my googling generally pointed me at looking for PPSSIGNAL in the
status, however, it seems that a lack of it (as is my case) is "normal" in many
circumstances.

Any advice appreciated.

-Josh.