Hello

I would like to get some points of view before starting to write some code.

I am trying run an electronic board I designed.

A super stable OXCO generates pulse per second.

I don't have any absolute reference time. The pulse has a constant but
unpredictable phase due to the state of the electronics a power up.

My goal is to keep a set of machine with a relative time between each other of
1mS and an absolute time of 1 second. I have a way to set the system clock at
start up (before ntp)

I can not use the driver 22 alone as I don't have an absolute reference. If I
use both the drivers 22 and 1 the phase of the PPS make this channel rejected.

I plan to write a driver that is a merge between 1 and 22, let's call it sapps.
* Sapps_start sapps_time sapps_poll are copied from the driver 22 (if they are
really needed)
* sapps_init fetches the current_time, fetches the assert in
/sys/class/pps<u>/assert, keeps the digits after the decimal point, substracts
them from the current time and set it as the reference

Regards

Patrick

PS Also people who would like to design simplified electronics for radio
control can be interested by this. As an example, the DFC77 is a data encoded
by pulses per second of 100 or 200 mS (with a drop at the second 59)