On 03/07/2013 15:44, unruh wrote:
[]
I think we need to know who the OP has as his ntp servers. And if it is
pool, whether he can reconstruct who he was using (peers log file?)
should windows ports even be allowed in the pool given their lousy
behaviour as time machines.

Windows-8 allows you to make quite reasonable stratum-1 servers (and earlier versions are not too bad either with the various enhancements made by Dave Hart and others). Here's the offset for one Windows-8 system:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/stamsund_ntp_2.html

and with a greater resolution:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/stamsund_ntp_40.html

More than good enough for serving others across the Internet, even if not up to FreeBSD or Linux capabilities, and /much/ better than stratum-2 or higher servers.
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu