David Malone wrote:
It seems my ancient GPSclock 200 has recently slipped back to
December 1993 too. Resetting it hasn't helped and I doubt I will
be able to do a firmware update, so I've made a hack to refclock_nmea.c
(version ntp-4.2.6p5), by replacing:

         reftime.l_ui += caltontp(&date);

with

         reftime.l_ui += caltontp(&date);
        while (reftime.l_i + 512*7*86400 < rd_timestamp.l_i)
                reftime.l_i += 1024*7*86400;

Nice!

You've replaced the 1024-week epoch with a +/- 512-week window around the "current" time. :-)

I'm trying to adjust the timestamp given by NMEA might be slow by
some multiple of 1024 weeks, and so tries to adjust it so that it
is reasonably close to the system time associated with the read of
the NMEA data.  I'm not sure if I've got the code exactly bang-on,
but it has got ntp running with the unit again.

Looks good.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>