On 15/08/2013 21:33, Magnus Danielson wrote:
[]
They completely avoid it by not numbering it that way. They have their
own numbering scheme that fit's the system, and the conversion over to
UTC is an added feature. It's all in ICD-GPS-200 for the current set of
details, and in the ION red book series for the early stages.

GPS and GPS problems is best understood if you realize that everything
is counted in the GPS clock machinery with it's own set of gears.
Conversion isn't that hard and it is done every second in the GPS receiver.

Cheers,
Magnus

Thanks, Magnus. I've not heard of ICD-GPS-2000 or ION red book before. Perhaps one day I will look them up.

GPS continues to impress me - I counted and on holiday recently we took (at least) 7 GPS receivers - his and hers smart-phones, 2 iPads, Garmin GPS 60 CSx, Ventus 750, and one built into my Sony HX200V camera! The Garmin spent much of its time with a puck antenna stuck on the cabin porthole plotting our course.
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu