"unruh" <un...@invalid.ca> wrote in message
news:n5lUt.340835$qt4.176...@fx22.iad...
> On 2013-08-31, E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
>   <Null@BlackList.Anitech-Systems.invalid> wrote:

[...]
>>  perhaps it has already been fixed in a more recent version.
>
> Sorry, but I have always found this to be a complete copout. You can
> keep the complainer busy till doomsday trying out different version and
> different configs. Do you know that others have had this person's
> problem? Do you know thatthe latest version fixes them? Otherwise you
> are simply sending him on a fishing expidition.

As a developer (not NTP) myself, I don't react well to people
complaining about bugs I've already solved, just not in the version
they have. So the first reply is always going to be 'upgrade, and see
if it goes away.' Especially with things like NTP, if it goes away, the
problem is solved.

Even if you're not sure, you try this first. Plain common sense, and
common courtesy. No fishing expedition, just a one-time upgrade and if
the problem stays we go to work.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

  • [ntp:questions... Magnus Danielson
    • Re: [ntp:... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
      • Re: [... Magnus Danielson
        • R... Steve Kostecke
        • R... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... unruh
            • ... Maarten Wiltink
              • ... Rob
                • ... Brian Utterback