On 2013-11-23, Antonio Marcheselli <pu...@me.la> wrote:

> Another quick question: does the "restrict" parameter prevent any other
> server from using the server's NTP as a source?
>
> If I use "restrict 192.168.1.10" does that mean that only 192.168.1.10
> can use that NTP as a source?

'restrict 192.168.1.10' sets a null restriction set for that address.
IOW it removes all restrictions.

'restrict some.address ignore' tells ntpd to ignore all packets from
that address.

'restrict some.address noquery' tells ntpd to ignore ntpq/ntpc queries
from that address.

'restrict some.address noserve' tells ntpd to ignore time polls from
that address.

'restrict some.address notrust' tells ntpd to ignore all unauthenticated
packets from that address.

Restriction lines for specific hosts / subnets make sense when they're
used with a default restriction.

'restrict default ...' applies to all addresses/netblocks which don't
have an explicit restrict line.

--
Steve Kostecke <koste...@ntp.org>