antonio.marchese...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi All,

I'm posting using google groups, hope this is not causing trouble
(haven't got my main PC now).

Something strange is happening. Since I disabled power saving the two
servers which were not syncing have been ok, always synced and the
drift file was stable even though a little high on one server (-258
on one server, -58 on another).

I kept monitoring the drift file, but it was stable.

The other day I restarted the service because the log file was not
being updated anymore.

Now all three servers are properly syncing as before, and the logs
are back. But the server which had a drift file of -258 is now
showing -1 and the one which was showing -58 is now showing -2. The
third server has not changed its drift file, it's still around 21. I
restarted the service 3-4 days ago, so the drift file should have
stabilised by now.

How is that possible?

It is very common, IF you are running on Linux!

The base frequency is recalculated each time you restart, which means that steps of 100-200 ppm from one reboot to the next can be expected.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>