Hal Murray wrote:
In article <mpg.2d16dc26c99a8af7989...@aioe.org>,
 DaveB <spam.g...@nowhere.com> writes:

But, I don't know, nor can find out where the newly built newer version ntpd was placed, so I can change that variable above.

So...  Where is it likely to have been put?  Or how do I find out?

You could run "make install" again, and watch the printout to see
where it put stuff.

You could try something like "locate ntpd | grep usr"
(That's guessing that it's someplace in usr.)
The locate database only gets updated weekly, but "man locate"
will tell you how to update it right-now.

You could try "find /usr -name ntpd"

I don't have FreeBSD running just now but on NetBSD:
$ whereis ntpd
/usr/sbin/ntpd
/usr/local/bin/ntpd