Sanal, Arjun (NSN - IN/Bangalore) wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I agree that under normal circumstances
>  trusting a wrong server is not good. I will explain my use case a bit.
> The setup is a blade server, which has one master blade server
>   which runs the ntp server.
>  All other blades sync the time from this master.
>  The master itself gets it time from a higher ntp server.
>  The problem is when the master says that it is not suitable for
> synchronization,
>   the client blades shouldn't reject it.
>  If they, do all the blades will end up with different time.

Sounds like a poor configuration,
 only 1 upstream server per blade?
 and you want to use it, when itself says its not useable for valid time?

What about the Server Command Option TRUE ?
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/confopt.html#option>

It would probably be better to provide all blades with
 about four LAN S1 servers and the Master blade to sync to,
 perhaps adding orphan, so they follow each other around,
 if they lose communication with the LAN NTP servers.

--
E-Mail Sent to this address <blackl...@anitech-systems.com>
  will be added to the BlackLists.