Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 12:28:27PM +0100, Terje Mathisen wrote:
michalpurzyns...@gmail.com wrote:
The ntpdc queries timeout every time on the NTP version
ntp-dev-4.2.7p411 (compiled myself). Looks like the type 7 packets
are blocked from localhost but I don't know why.

Type 7 (which is used by ntpdc) isn't blocked on ntp-dev, it has
been _removed_!

Wasn't it only disabled by default? It still seems to be in 4.2.7p411
in the ntp_request.c file, but "enable mode7" is now required to
process the ntpdc queries.

Mea Culpa!

Thanks for the correction, I didn't realize that, even though the end result is effectively the same. :-)

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>