Laszlo Papp <lp...@kde.org> wrote:
> Yep, that was there. The interesting part is that it works for the
> first time after a while, and it gets broken when I try to set the
> "date" explicitly by the corresponding command. For some reason, ntp
> cannot sync afterwards. Reboot and/or restarting the daemons may help
> though.

That is normal.   First-time users of NTP (especially those posting here)
appear often to be "testing" things by jerking the time away from
correct setting, by restarting the daemon several times and other
non-realistic test methods.  The ntpd code was not written with such
abuse in mind, and behaves badly under such test circumstances.