On 2014-03-20, Rob <nom...@example.com> wrote:
> Paul <tik-...@bodosom.net> wrote:
>> Sure.  My point is I haven't seen a use case in this thread for nanosecond
>> *accuracy* relative to the TAI paper clock.
>
> It is not for timestamping the moment of clicking in an online auction
> or stock trade?  Those people normally have infinite timestamping
> accuracy specs.

No, they dispute arbitration requirements. Even if their clocks are 17
years out of sync, they can arbitrarly decide on some procedure to
resolve who clicked first.

        • R... Brian Inglis
        • R... Brian Inglis
          • ... Martin Burnicki
            • ... Brian Inglis
            • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
            • ... Brian Inglis
            • ... Paul
            • ... Brian Inglis
            • ... Paul
            • ... Rob
            • ... William Unruh
            • ... Paul
            • ... Terje Mathisen
        • R... Magnus Danielson
          • ... Martin Burnicki
            • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
            • ... Magnus Danielson
            • ... Martin Burnicki
  • Re: [ntp:quest... Joe Gwinn