On 04/12/2014 20:03, Rob wrote:
[]
It is not good practice to use "pool" on 100-1000 internal systems,
presumably via NAT, to poll time from internet.

Simple advice is: setup 1 NTP server when you are always monitoring,
or 2 servers when you cannot always be on watch to fix the one server,
and keep them mutually synchronized.

That will work OK in a company.  Maybe not in the head of a thought
experimenter, but that is normally not what companies are after.

I was thinking of the general user.

For internal systems I would want four servers minimum, two on-site, and two on the company WAN, and that's what we tried to set up. These were not time critical systems, though. The on-site servers would at least have "pool" as a backup. This was before the days of cheap GPS/PPS, though.

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu