On 2014-12-15, Harlan Stenn <st...@ntp.org> wrote:
> Brent Gordon writes:
>
>> I had the same problem that David Taylor had with timepps.h being in
>> /usr/include/sys instead of /usr/include.  In addition, capability.h was
>> in /usr/include/linux instead of /usr/include/sys.  Both issues were
>> fixed with soft links.
>
> If you need to link both copies of timepps.h then your distro has made
> changes that are "not the same" as what everybody else is doing.

Mageia 3 capability.h is also in /usr/include/linux and timepps.h does
not exist. (not does a ppstools package)

> The next trick will be for you to figure out why cap_t isn't being found
> in the place others find it (sys/capability.h).

This is the only mention of cap_t in capability.h on my system:

/* Note, cap_t, is defined by POSIX (draft) to be an "opaque" pointer to
   a set of three capability sets.  The transposition of 3*the
   following structure to such a composite is better handled in a
   user library since the draft standard requires the use of
   malloc/free etc.. */